Your account has been created with several default paths for system software. If you alter your $HOME/.tcshrc, please retain the paths and commands. (If you change the .tcshrc you will need to log out and back in) If you make a mistake and delete something you shouldnŐt in your .tcshrc, the default files are located in /etc/skel on the head nodes. We have the GNU compilers and many open source programs available on the clusters. You can request new packages via the software request form on the web page. Documentation Linux
- CEES uses a Red Hat clone called CentOS
- Red Hat docs are at http://redhat.com/docs/
- CentOS docs are at http://centos.org/
- Look in the install directory (usually /usr or /usr/local)
- Try the man command. Not all software has man pages.
- If all else fails please contact us directly.